January 23, 2024
Leading regional companies including bp, Cargill, Indiana OSHA, and many others will be presenting key details about their innovations in safety during the upcoming 2024 Safety Seminar hosted by the Northwest Indiana Business RoundTable (NWIBRT).
Each one of the presenting companies is a former winner of NWIBRT’s Innovation Award, which is presented during the annual Construction Awards Banquet. This type of award is only given to companies that have developed new initiatives, processes, or procedures that creatively solve industry safety challenges and problems.
“One of the unique things about NWIBRT is the way it brings employers together to share these types of developments to promote continual regionwide improvements in construction and industrial safety. Even though some of the companies involved may be competitors, they still come together to learn from one another and make their jobsites safer,” said Rick Foor, NWIBRT Safety Committee Co-Chair and H&S Manager at Cargill.
The 2024 Safety Seminar will take place on Tuesday, February 6th at the Ironworkers Local 395 Hall in Portage, IN. Those wishing to attend can register on NWIBRT’s website (NWIBRT.org).
The lineup of presenting companies and their topics includes:
- Gary Hulbert, OSHA/INSafe – OSHA/INSafe Introduction
- Aaron Janovitz, bp – Short-Term Worker Initiative
- Jake Wheeler, Tonn & Blank Construction – Off-Site Construction
- Shawn DeFee, Total Safety US – Centralized Confined Space Monitoring
- Scott Withan, K2 Industrial – Hydroblast Recovery System
- Mike Bronson, Thatcher Foundations – Rapid Impact Compaction System
- Michael Olvera, Cargill – Remote Operated Drone Teams
- Shane Navratil, EMCOR Hyre Electric – Safety App
- Jason Lammertin, Solid Platforms – Technical Advancement Program
- Jeff Vaiolo, FLUOR – Hydraulic Breaking System
- Dylan Gessinger & Brian Bub, Orbital Engineering – Site-Monitoring Trailers
To read the full article, visit Building Indiana: https://buildingindiana.com/eleven-leading-firms-to-share-details-about-safety-innovations/
Want to become a Partner?
NWIBRT is offering a unique marketing opportunity to members and associate members to sponsor and attend all the best programs NWIBRT offers throughout 2018. Contact us today for more information on how you can participate – https://nwibrt.org/contact/.
NWIBRT is an independent, nonprofit council of local firms committed to the improvement of construction and maintenance projects in Northwest Indiana. Our purpose is to promote safety, quality and cost-effective solutions to challenges faced by owners, contractors, and labor in the region.
For more information please visit https://nwibrt.org/about/ or call (219) 226-0300.
Want to join? Visit https://nwibrt.org/join-now-renew-membership/